Executive Director for Camp Awana
Camp Awana has been a cornerstone in Christian camping for over 70 years. Thousands of campers have trusted Christ as a result of their time at Camp, and are serving the Lord in ministries worldwide. Located in the Kettle Moraine hills of eastern Wisconsin, near the town of Fredonia, Camp Awana has a storied legacy of training the future leaders of the church. Camp Awana has been a CCCA member since 1980.
Camp Awana is seeking to fill the Executive Director position with a dynamic, godly, highly energetic, self-motivated individual who is well organized and works as a team player. Qualified candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- A committed follower of Jesus Christ, who exhibits a passion for God’s word, youth and family ministries, as well as an enthusiasm for Christian camping
- Demonstrated spiritual maturity and leadership presence
- Five years of camp management experience inclusive of financial responsibilities, specifically:
- Demonstrated experience in program and staff management as well as board relations.
- Demonstrated experience in recruitment, marketing, budgeting and staff development.
- Demonstrated fund development experience.
- Strong organizational skills, business acumen, and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, inclusive of strong presentation skills and demonstrated computer literacy.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Position responsibilities include, in addition to the above, the following specific areas of oversight:
- Oversight of the operational calendar, leading and developing staff, maintaining guest group relations, completion of an annual budget process.
- Oversight of operational safety and economy, including approval of specific purchases and projects.
- Recruitment and oversight of volunteer process before and during service at Camp.
- Coordination and communication with the Latham Christians Camping Board of Directors.
- Development of donor list and communication with the Camp donor family, inclusive of any Foundation-based support.
Camp Awana operates as both a summer and winter camp. Summer programs are generally week-long sessions with winter programs generally being weekend sessions. Building and Grounds Supervisor, Food Service Manager, Program Director and Administrative Director report directly to the Executive Director. Housing is available.
Contact: Paul VanNatta President – Latham Christian Camping
Time: Full-time Year Round
Salary: Paid/partial support raised
Category: Executive Director